Thursday, December 10, 2020

Storyboard

 The challenge to create a storyboard would be trying to figure out the layout of the paper. I needed to be able to fit the magazine title into the restraints of the paper without any overflow.  Author James Higgins said, “Storyboarding is a structured exercise based on brainstorming. You can use it in all stages of the problem-solving process, but it's especially helpful for generating alternatives and choosing among them.” I was able to use my creativity and ideas through brainstorming to complete my storyboard. 

I enjoyed looking through different fonts to find one that would suit the elements of my magazine. I also enjoyed coloring and coordinating fonts throughout my magazine. 


Creating a storyboard helped me better visualize my magazine and layout. I was able to precisely place and edit my ideas onto paper. Author Annemaree O'Brien said “Planning is a crucial part of the pre-production process. You need to have a STORY OUTLINE, a SCRIPT, and a STORYBOARD before you can begin shooting.” With my storyboard, I was able to accurately present my ideas for my magazine before my final product. 


A change I made to my storyboard that is different from my concept refinement would be the masthead. I changed my masthead from The Affluent Octave to The Elevated Octave because I simply enjoyed the later title better. This new title better addressed my targeted audience, the wealthy classical music listeners. I also eventually changed my selling line to "The world's most prestigious classical music magazine" to draw in a more expensive audience.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotated Bibliography

My annotated bibliography includes information about many elements of the media world. I've learned information ranging from filming tec...