Thursday, October 1, 2020

Decision Day

    For my portfolio project, it is important that I can share a story with others via the magazine. Author Cherry Wayne states “I believe with all of my heart that when anyone tells a story, that person changes a life.” To better communicate my story, I think I should use the program InDesign to create a magazine. My initial impression of the programs InDesign and Premier Pro, after participating in-class tutorials, is that these programs were complex and contained many detailed features. I had some restrictions when beginning these programs but found interesting aspects of each app.

    In Premiere Pro I was able to add videos to the screen and alter the colors using different tools. Premiere Pro could help me deliver a quality project by allowing me to edit videos and sounds the create a captivating film. Restriction I encountered in Premiere Pro was when I would try to edit the video. I had only figured out how to alter the color of videos, but I had difficulty cutting the video or removing the sound.

    In the program InDesign, I was able to alter text and create tables, I could draw lines or change the color of the sky in a picture. This program can help me deliver a quality project to create a magazine because of its ability to edit pictures and text, although, I thought InDesign was difficult to understand. InDesign contained a complex directory of tools to use. A specific problem I encountered was when I went to upload a picture. Different frames and layers of the picture needed to be exact to collectively move the picture. 

    Based on class lessons, I have decided to express a story through a magazine for my portfolio project. It is important to create a magazine and share a story, author Cherry Wayne stated “Stories have power, and the stories we tell today do just as much to try to explain our world as did the myths of so long ago.” The article Survival of the fittest: four editors on the future of literary magazines discusses how internet access to magazines has made it more difficult to sell magazines in stores. According to the article, “it appears that electronic literature seems to be our future mode. But I hope we'll always do a print edition a year. The printed page, the cover, and the feel of the book in the hands are so important to me and our contributors.” I choose to create a magazine for my portfolio project because of the impact they can have on present-day culture. Magazines are a portable reading form that can help to spread valuable information and advertisements in which readers can derive pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotated Bibliography

My annotated bibliography includes information about many elements of the media world. I've learned information ranging from filming tec...